This article or section does not follow the Laptop page guidelines.
- Hp Probook 4530s
- Hp Probook 4530s Function Key Drivers Download Windows 7
- Download Driver Hp Probook 4530s
- Hp Probook 4530s Wifi Driver
- Hp Probook 4530s Function Key Drivers Downloads
|Graphics||Working||xf86-video-intel and fglrx (Catalyst)|
|Card Reader||Working||sdhci/sdhci_pci, jmb38x_ms|
System: Windows 10 64-bit. Description:Wireless Button Driver for HP ProBook 4540s. This package provides the HP Wireless Button driver for supported. Models running a supported operating system. The driver enables. Software control of the hardware wireless radio button to interact. With the Microsoft Radio Management user interface.
This model has many hardware configurations. Mine has an i3 processor, Intel HD Graphics 3000 video card, and an Atheros AR9285 Wi-Fi card.
The fan can be controlled (throttled) in software, otherwise it never shuts off, even if the BIOS option 'Fan always on while on AC power' is disabled. There are two programs supporting the 4530s:
- NoteBook FanControl. NBFC have pre-made profile for HP ProBook 4530s.
- probook_ec.pl script daemonized in Python and in Ruby
Intel CPU microcode
Both the wired and wireless network cards works out-of-the-box. The Atheros card requires the ath9k module, and the Realtek Ethernet card requires the r8169 module. More information can be found at Wireless network configuration#ath9k
WLAN BIOS whitelist workaround (experimental)
Hp Probook 4530s
HP BIOS allows only certain WLAN cards (whitelisting) to be used. This can be worked around by adding the following as the first GRUB command in every OS entry:
You can read more on engineering this hack here. As it is working on 4330s and 4730s it should probably also on 4530s, but consider it experimental.
Sending/receiving files and switching Bluetooth on/off works. The ath3k module is required.
Intel HD Graphics 3000 is supported by the open-source xf86-video-intel driver. Dual-head with HDMI works. If using hybrid graphics in conjunction with AMD, AMD Catalyst works well regarding GPU power management. Switching, however, requires a system reboot or Xorg restart. AMD Catalyst should be installed along with xf86-video-intel to support hybrid (Intel) GPU.
Also open-source driver can be used for GPU card. For dynamic switching can be used PRIME technology.
Controlling screen brightness with the keystrokes
Fn+F3 works in Gnome 3, KDE and MATE and has not been tested in other desktop environments.
Touchpad function works with xf86-input-synaptics package. Disabling touchpad using the top-left corner double tap works with xf86-input-synaptics-ledAUR and synaptics-ledAUR packages.
SD cards tested and working. With 3.4.7 kernel, Memory Stick card works as intended.
Module hp-wmi is likely to be required for the keys to work. In Gnome 3 and MATE every
Fn+F* key works.
Fn-F6 key requires gnome-power-manager installed.Keys above numeric keypad are also recognized. The
Web key has a XF86HomePage symbol (opens home page),
Wi-Fi key has NoSymbol and switch fly mode in Gnome 3 (has not been tested in other desktop environments).
Hp Probook 4530s Function Key Drivers Download Windows 7
Works with hpfall-gitAUR package.
Module acpi-cpufreq and at least one of CPU governors (cpufreq_ondemand, cpufreq_conservative, etc.) are required. More information on CPU frequency scaling.Note:
- With laptop-mode-tools, tune from powertop2 and i915_enable_rc6 parameter I was able to get about 5:30h of estimated battery life.
- Keep in mind that the powertop 'good/bad' parameters will not survive a reboot. As of 3.4.x rc6 is enabled by default for Ivy Bridge and Sandy Bridge processors. The default (marked -1) is equivalent of i915_enable_rc6=3 which enables rc6 and rc6p. An additional, lower power state can also be enabled by using i915_enable_rc6=7, though this has been reported to sometimes come at the cost of stability. Also, as of 2011Q4 the i915 module in Sandy Bridge and Ivy Bridge also have framebuffer compression enabled by default.
Download Driver Hp Probook 4530s
Suspend and hibernation
Both suspend and hibernation work with pm-utils and kernel backend.
Hp Probook 4530s Wifi Driver
lm_sensors shows one acpitz-virtual device with 4 working temperature readings and coretemp-isa device which has one sensor for each CPU core.It does not show any info about fans RPMs.