The Caterpillar Electronic Technician (ET) is used to load injector trim files into the Engine Control Module (ECM). Injector trim files are available from these sources:
- Open the 'Tools' menu at the top and select 'Internet Options'. On the 'General' tab, select 'Languages'. By using the buttons on the right, you will be able to add/remove/change your language options. After you make the change, close all the dialog boxes, close your browser, and open a new browser.
- Press the 'Exchange' button at the bottom of the 'Injector Trim Calibration' screen on Cat ET. Select the two injectors that have been exchanged and press the 'OK' button. The tattletale for the injectors that were exchanged will increase by one. Perform the following procedure to download an injector trim file from SIS Web. Otherwise, use the.
- A CD-ROM that is packaged with each new injector and each remanufactured injector
- SIS Web
He did alot of work with injector trim codes. Testing flow of each. I took his information and made a spreadsheet. We all know were are not supposed to run straight 5232, 6999, or the like.due to the fact that no two injectors were created equal. Even a new set from CAT will be off from one another. Hence the need for trim codes.
Replacing an Injector
Cat Injector Trim Code Files
An injector trim file must be loaded into the ECM if an injector is replaced.
Replacing the ECM
The “Copy Configuration” utility on Cat ET copies the injector trim files between two engine control modules. If the “Copy Configuration” fails, load all of the injector trim files manually into the new ECM.
“Injector Trim” is displayed below a 268-2 or 630-2 Programmed Parameter Fault : Erratic, Intermittent, or Incorrect. The diagnostic code is displayed on Cat ET.
Exchanging injectors can help determine if a combustion problem is in the injector or in the cylinder. If two injectors that are currently installed in the engine are exchanged between cylinders, the injector trim files can also be exchanged. Press the “Exchange” button at the bottom of the “Injector Trim Calibration” screen on Cat ET. Select the two injectors that have been exchanged and press the “OK” button. The tattletale for the injectors that were exchanged will increase by one.
- Perform the following procedure to download an injector trim file from SIS Web. Otherwise, use the injector trim file from the CD-ROM that is packaged with the injector.Note: The injector serial number and the injector confirmation code are located on the injector.
- Record the injector serial number and the injector confirmation code for each injector.
- Click on Service Software Files in SIS Web. Then select “Injector Trim Files”.
- Enter the serial number for the injector in the search field.
- Download the injector trim file to the PC. Repeat this procedure for each injector, as required.
- Establish communication between Cat ET and the engine ECM. Refer to Troubleshooting, “Electronic Service Tools”, if necessary.
- Select the following menu options on Cat ET:
- Injector Trim Calibration
- Select the appropriate cylinder.
- Click on the “Change” button.
- Select the appropriate injector trim file from the PC or the CD-ROM.
- Click on the “Open” button.
- Enter the injector confirmation code.
- Click on the “OK” button.The injector trim file is loaded into the ECM.
Cat Injector Trim Codes
- Repeat the procedure for each cylinder, as required.